12/15/09

Confessions of a Phat Girl - Holiday Edition

First things first, I have fallen off of the wagon.
I have not been to the gym in two weeks, hence nothing to report and no Big Phat Weight Reveals. The truth is, the weight reveal will only reveal that I have been very naughty with all of the temptation surrounding me. Santa has me on the naughty list and I hope he gives me coal, because I wont eat that, unless it is slathered in Peanut Butter, then I may be tempted. I know you think i am joking, but I assure you, it is quite possible.

All kidding aside, I feel it creeping back. The weight, the access, the bad habits. Confession number 1? Yesterday I ate chocolates at 11:30pm, with a glass of wine and some smoked gouda cheese. Confession number 2? I had two pieces of Hawaiian pizza in my lounge for dinner last night. Confession number 3? I have eaten two bags of Peanut Butter M&M's in the past week. Full bags. Mind you, they aren't like jumbo sized bags, but still, I feel them sitting on my love handles like dead weight. Confession number 4? I haven't worked out in 2 weeks...I have mentioned that already but it is amazing what happens when you don't keep at it. Slowly but surely, all the hard work goes to waste. Confession number 5? Tis' the Season for putting on the pounds, not taking them off. Valerie Bertinelli does though - with Jenny Craig. She and other Jenny Craig members tend to lose weight at this time of year, as oppose to gaining. That is what she claims on the commercials. Jenny Craig clients tend to lose 15lbs during the holiday season? I have some catching up to do. I have no self control when it comes to holiday hors d'oeuvres, pastries, chocolate, wine, cheese and all of the other great stuff that seems to be everywhere this time of year.
I brought my workout gear to work today so I can go to the gym directly after I am done. I have nothing to do tonight, my apartment is clean, I don't have a game so I am dedicating my time to me. As busy as I am right now, 7 games in 8 days, going out with friends almost every night afterwards and throwing in a trip to NYC last weekend - which I will get into in a bit - I am completely exhausted, tired and feel like I need to sleep for a full weekend to recuperate. I don't know how women or men do this with children to take care of or a husband to take care of on top of it all. Losing weight with children around, I admire women that are able to accomplish all of that. It is amazing to me. How do you find time to work out? To eat healthy? Kudos to fitting it all in....I tell ya, it can't be easy. Tonight I will go to the gym, so I don't feel like everything I have accomplished so far is a complete waste and all is not lost.

New York, New York.
I had an amazing time in NYC this past weekend. Well actually it was just over a week ago I returned so it was LAST weekend, but still. I was thinking all this past weekend of what I was doing at each time - even this morning I am wearing a $15 sweater I purchased in NYC, that I wore around on Saturday all day and I am reminded of how magnificent my favourite city is. I love everything about it. I went to see the tree. The magical Rockefeller Centre tree. The one in all the movies, the picturesque centre attraction of what you imagine Christmas in New York to be. When I arrived at Rockefeller Centre it had been raining heavily all day. I was drenched, my uggs were soaked. I got to the tree at about 4:30pm and it was pretty dark already. As I got closer, the largest snowflakes I have ever seen started to fall fast and furiously. It was amazing and truly one of the most perfect moments I have ever had, similar to the hot springs in Charlevoix a few Christmas's ago. In my favourite city, during a magical time of year, although surrounded by wayyy too many tourists, for a moment I took it all in. I felt the warmth of the Christmas season even though it was bitterly cold and wet everywhere. I ended up getting right next to the tree and to describe the enormity of it would be impossible. You would have to stand next to it yourself to appreciate and understand it. I hope you at one time or another have that chance, because there is nothing like it.

I took this with my Blackberry as I forgot to bring my camera...still magnificent, huh?

Saks Fifth Avenue was my next stop which did not disappoint. Saks has to be the most gorgeous department store ever. I love the express shoe elevator, I love the luxury and grandness of it all. The storefront Christmas window displays were magical, picture the Bay on Queen on a much grander scale. This was just part of their regular store front - this Valentino gown took my breath away at first glance, I had to take a picture.
Took my breath away....

I worked with a lady named Jamie who helped me with my purchases. I treated myself to a new perfume that Sassy Scotland made me smell in Holt's one day and I fell in love immediately. Flowerbomb, by Viktor & Rolf. To me it is a mixture of Chanel Chance (my scent for 6 years now) and Angel. I love it. I got a gift set that included the body lotion, the body wash, a mini eau de Parfum, a 50ml eau de Parfum and as a bonus they gave me this gorgeous refillable perfume spray that I am in love with. It came in a three tier pink box that looked like a wedding cake. I am in love with Flowerbomb and it is my new favourite scent, well, tied with Chanel Chance of course. Thank you Sassy Scotland for the introduction. After I picked up my Christmas gift and a few others, I was able to check my bags for the day at their concierge. Fabulous. I went to Tao for dinner, finally was reunited with my Ruby Red Dragon Martini and Crispy Tuna Sashimi Roll with Edamame. The best ever. Of course I went to Pastis for brunch, as I always do and enjoyed every moment I had with my city. It was the best date ever as it did not disappoint. I didn't go skating and I didn't make Serendipity for some Frrozen Hot Chocolate, but that is what January, February or March is for. I will be back New York, don't you worry your pretty little head. I was going to go for New Years as Mariah is kicking off her tour on December 31st at Madison Square Garden - but found out yesterday that she will be in Toronto on February 9th, 2010. Needless to say, I am attending, 55 days to go.

Confession number 6 - I love Mariah Carey and I don't care who knows it.

Confession number 7 - I am getting my phat ass to the gym tonight to kick it back up. I think I could start hardcore on January 1st, 2010 as May is still my deadline and have a trip to Miami to prepare for - 4 months can do some serious adjusting to this body.

Confession number 8 - a certain non phony person told me on Sunday that my gut was hanging out, that I should be wearing clothes that fit (Ok, I was wearing a grey tracksuit and the jacket shrunk in the dryer) and when I mentioned I was going to the gym this morning, he let me know that he is happy that he has inspired me to go back to the gym after mentioning my gut on Sunday.

Confession number 9 - Non phony is lucky I didn't have a knife or matches and gasoline in my hand when he said that on Sunday and extremely lucky I wasn't close to any blunt metal objects this morning when he mentioned it again and reminded me about my gut.

Confession number 10 - I want to eat and eat and eat and eat - but I will do my best not to give in this Holiday season. If I do give in, I will be sure to keep on working out and not get totally lazy.


The Big Phat Weight Reveal will return on Monday, December 21, 2009.

Blog Soon,

PFF

P.S. Larger than life picture of my favourite at Times Square and I think I need to find someone to do this with for my photoshoot...

Who will it be for me?