11/30/09

Oh That Feather!

Girls you asked for it? You got it!
Today, I feel like crap. I hate today. I am miserable and angry and bitter. There are a few contributing factors to this day so I wonder how my friends would handle it. Well, I know for certain there is one thing that makes them laugh - even at the mere discussion of it. I never planned on ANYONE seeing this, EVER, as it brings back awful memories from Grade 8 and a lip sync competition I did and fell in front of the entire school - you remember me mentioning that, right? Cover Girl? New Kids? Some of you witnessed it first hand.

Well, at the company I work for, they decided to hold a Lip Sync Competition. Yes, you heard me correctly and all departments had to participate. Sure, flashbacks from Grade 8 came falling back to me - but I am a natural lip syncher at home, in the shower, in the car - everywhere basically. Yes, I am a social butterfly so I helped organized a group. This is the video that promoted the event to us - check it out, its amazing and I love this Glee version of the song!




Amazing, right? Now, who could top that? There is a bonafide actress in that group (who I just saw in A Midsummer Nights Dream at the Hart Theatre downtown- playing until December 5th - its hilarious check it out!).
It is November 30, 2009 today, the competition was on September 17th, 2009 - that should show give you an idea of how much I wasn't looking to share this, ever. I picked our department's song, no, not the New Kids or Mariah surprisingly and we practiced, practiced, practiced. We thought we would do well...but didn't think anything else of it. With the song, I was suppose to be a diva. Again, no, not a Mariah Carey song. You will see. I decided to wear a pink feather boa - to Diva it up and I wore it alright....or did it wear me? You decide....

The video surfaced at my Thanksgiving dinner and brought joy and happiness to everyone that night so I am choosing to share with you this limited view of me and my team in action. Some of you may get flashbacks to Grade 8, some may turn away from embarrassment, some of you may laugh your ass off. The other night at Baby Momma's Tree Trimming party, it was mentioned again, and joy instantly filled the room.
You will laugh, you may cry and it is definitely better than Cats - leave comments if you wish, and please most of all, enjoy....




Blog Soon,

PFF aka Lip Sync CHAMPION