1/7/10

Phat Free 2010? Let's Do It!

Well, well, well. I am back!!
First of all, 215lbs.
I thought I would get that out there in the beginning as I don't plan on sugar-coating anything - although everything seems to taste better with a little sugar-coating. Maybe that is what that actually means, whoever came up with that saying is brilliant and most likely a woman who really liked donuts. I digress. It has been weeks since I have written, I am sure you may have noticed if you are one of those people who actually read my blog regularly.
New Years - new beginnings, new promises. I have gone to the gym twice already this week - so that is positive. It seems everyone had the same idea as I had - the New Years Resolution to get back on track. The gym was packed. I was lucky to run into a couple of people I know which was nice. I was able to lose weight from August to November and lost 19lbs, I can do it from now until May and lose 32. Just in time for a Bachelorette Soiree in Miami. If I am going to roll with hotness, I have to be hotness, not a hot mess.
Although I only have gone twice this week, I am going to go again - most likely on the weekend but I realized the Goodlife at Manulife sucks. So small, all the machines are close together you are practically on top of the person next to you. I decided to try the one at Liberty Village as it is close to work, and I L.O.V.E. it. Me loving a gym happens rarely. I haven't liked a gym this much since the Dunfield Club or any Sports Clubs of Canada locations - when they existed. Now they are all Extreme Fitness - and to be honest, gyms are so lame. (remember the blog about too much bush? No need to go there....) The fact that there is a Starbucks right downstairs and a LCBO, Blockbuster and Metro - it is the perfect one stop shop and excuse to go to the gym. On the treadmills, there is a gorgeous view of the skyline which I love - even though the tv's attached to the equipment are kind of blocking the view...but still I can move my head to the side once in a while to take it in. The people there are young, hip and cool - well some are not so cool...a woman was wearing full make up and jewellery last night. The other night, a girl got on the treadmill beside me and was checking her blackberry and calling people. Thank god my 30 minutes were almost up when she started. I love my Bold, but really? On a treadmill? At the gym? Get over it. I keep mine in the locker at least...
Let's get back to the 15lbs that I worked so hard to lose. So I am still down 4lbs, so basically back at week 2 or 3 from when I began in August. It is upsetting but I only have myself to blame for stuffing my face over the holidays. I think it all started to spin out of control after Turkey Overload at Thanksgiving to be quite honest. It started getting cooler outside, the days seemed shorter and the blankets got warmer. The food tasted better! The food came fast and furiously and I was like a sexy Lioness, ferociously looking for her next snack or meal. I kept telling myself its ok, I will get back on track, but it is amazing how fast eating what you want including pizza and M&M's and chocolates + no exercise turns into weight gain. Funny huh? In a month and a bit I gained almost everything I had lost. You were with me on the journey, so you know I had some bad days and all those KM walked - for nothing!! Grrrrrr...or should it be Roar...as a Lioness would say.
I am ok with it. Lesson learned.
I am dating an Executive Chef (yes, super sexy) and this helps because I use my oven as storage on a regular basis and never really picked up cooking. Last night after the gym I came home and my personal Chef (sounds so luxurious!) prepared my dinner. Marinated pan seared chicken breast - actually the best chicken I have ever tasted, for real - full of flavour and the perfect juiciness...he also sauteed some vegetables - now, he called it something salsa - he diced up red pepper, zucchini, tomato and sauteed them....honestly? so much flavour and all healthy and incredibly delicious! Who knew? Then he made me one pancake because I was craving it - but that's ok - I worked out hard!! Then he made us non fat lattes while I just sat there, it was magnificent.
If I could get him to prepare chicken and vegetables for me every night, it would be wonderful. I am going to work on that. Grilled fish even. He told me he could put together a program for me and I said ok - let's do it. So no more eggs Benedict (I have had a few over the past two months), no more chocolate, no more cookies - not the Starbucks one - I am completely off of that one - I have had 2 in the past 5 months....and I believe they were both shared with a loved one. Now that there are no events (Mariah Carey at ACC Feb 9th) or holidays (well Valentine's Day in NYC - yay me!) I should be good to go. Remain focused and maintain positivity as much as possible and lose this Phat once and for all. I will focus on smaller numbers because large numbers are overwhelming.
32lbs by May. I was hoping for 50lbs by May - but I slacked and will not beat myself up if I only lose 36lbs in total by then. By the time I turn 34 (wowsers where did the time go) I could be at 43lbs and then by August or September, it could very well be 50lbs.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I am back, getting on track and will eventually get where I am suppose to be. How else will I land a book and movie deal?!?!
Blog Soon,
PFF