11/24/09

The Big Phat Weight Reveal - Week 13

Week 13 Numbers Game:
Weight: 203lbs
Lbs Lost this week: 7
Lbs gained this week: 0
Lbs Lost thus far: 16
Lbs still needed to lose: 34+19
Desserts consumed: 0
Starbucks Cookies: 1/2 - yes, but it was a brutal day...
Peanut Butter by the spoon: 2
KM walked: 0
Zumba Classes: 0
Booty Camp Classes: 0
BodyFlow Classes : 1
Glasses of Shiraz: 0
Poutine: 0 - but I was tempted on 1/2 starbucks cookie day....
Mimosas: 0
Emotional Breakdowns: 0
Excuses: A few....
Ok, so it seems something was happening with my scale or with water retention last week - and I can tell you that I am relieved. I weighed myself this morning and back at 203lbs - I was very happy. I weighed myself at the gym and perhaps it is because it is a different scale - but I like it. Since I will be joining this gym - I was there this morning at 6:45am and ran / walked 5.23KM in 45 minutes. After 2.5 weeks of non walking / running I was pretty impressed. Again, the numbers on the treadmill I had to cover with one of my towels. It works for a while, I still found that the time passed slowly - but that is ok. I ran more than I have and at a great pace. It felt incredible. At the gym I am a towel whore. I love having towels at my disposal - to wipe of one bead of sweat or a thousand - I will get as many as I can. This morning the girl at the front desk was a bit of a towel Nazi, but eventually I got my way and walked away with two. Yay me.
I am joining tonight because timing has just been off to meet with the sales rep. I will see how it goes for the next 5 weeks (by Jan 1) and then I can quit if I find that I am not liking it for a one time fee of $99. Otherwise I start paying in January. I think that is a great option so wish me luck in this venture. After seeing my weight this morning, I am ok and feel a bit more motivated if I was actually 210 and had to lose the 7lbs yet again.
The gym is a different universe. There is wayyyy too much bush in the ladies change room that I am ready to see first thing on a Tuesday morning. Like honestly, I understand we are all women, we all have to change and shower and get ready - but some woman have no shame and too much bush. It upsets me. Also, it smells in there. Some people just smell. Now, I understand after a workout, you perspire - like Sassy Scotland and myself, we were glowing after our workout this morning. Some women in there? Ick....there is a nasty ass stank coming from somewhere - maybe hidden underneath all that bush. Sorry to be so graphic but I just want to share with you my morning - look you agree to read this blog and follow my journey - this journey involves bush you are going to hear about it. Can you tell that I am traumatized? Anyway, since it is co-ed and the machines are all close together - it is hot in there. Hot and a little smelly. The showers are a cesspool of germs and athlete's foot just waiting to happen. I forgot my flipflops this morning - but NEVER again. I almost showered in my socks. I love that people of all body types are there, including myself and I am sure they do not want to see my Phat ass as much as I don't want to see them - but come on - I keep myself covered for a little self respect - it isn't about a lack of self confidence - I could lay it out there like anyone else no problem- but I choose not to share that with other's for the same reason I don't really want to see everything all hanging out. Am I a prude? Am I not a Gym connoisseur? I have joined many Gym's in my struggle with weight - and it is always the same thing. People who have no shame. Anyway, it is a different world and I need to focus on the reason why I am there and what I want out of it. I will go in, use it and decide if I want to always do the morning, or go after work so I can shower at home. Home sweet home, where I don't have to share a shower (unless with someone cute) and all of the comforts of home are there. No athlete's foot, no warts, no nasty ass bush. Just fabulous me. Sassy Scotland and I will need to work a schedule that works for both of us to keep each other motivated....plus there are other fabulous people I know that are members at Goodlife.
If you are a member at Goodlife and want to schedule a Gym Date, let me know. I have already heard from some of you - which is fantastic :)
Blog Soon,
PFF